Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Snooze Button Affair

Hi, I'm Sara and I'm having an affair. Now, before you start booing and preaching, let me explain. He's a bit plump, he doesn't talk much, and he has a strange orange tint to him, but he gives me something that every woman wants: 9 more minutes of sleep.

Yes, I'm talking about my snooze button.

I'll admit, its been going on for quite a while. Ever since my mother left the responsibility to me to get myself out of bed in the morning, and I discovered the magic of the snooze button, it has been one of my closest friends. Recently, however, that line of friendship has been blurred.

I'm not sure what it is about those 9 minutes of sleep that have me so hooked, but boy do I love them. And I love getting them again and again each time my alarm goes off, to the point where I set my alarm early so that I can hit my snooze button for over an hour before I actually need to get up. One of these days I half expect him to say "Please, Sara, not this morning. I have a headache." It hasn't happened yet. My little button keeps on putting out. He never gets tired of it, and neither do I.

When discussing this with my fiance, he admitted he's fooling around with snooze button too, so now I have to figure out this weird love triangle situation.

While writing this post I decided to randomly put "snooze button" into my Google search bar and happened upon an article discussing what they call "The Snooze Button Effect." Its amazing how much I can relate to the things presented in the article, even the corny rehab confession at the beginning.

Are you having a Snooze Button Affair? Are you suffering from the Snooze Button Effect? What creative ways have you come up with to get yourself up in the morning? Please, do share!

No comments:

Post a Comment